Monday, January 23, 2012

How do I configure eclipse to recognize my installation of the java 3d library?

It actually recognizes the library, but whenever I try to use it, eclipse(galileo on windows 7) says that it is "not accessible due to restriction on required library C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\lib\ext\j3dcore.jar"

I've downloaded both the x64 and normal versions, but both produce the error messages...

I've also searched sun's website for answers, but to no avail..

please help!!!How do I configure eclipse to recognize my installation of the java 3d library?
This happened to me, as well. Simple solution (and hopefully someone else will give a better one, but this will at least let you execute your code): In Eclipse, go to project-%26gt;properties, click on Java Compiler on the left side, then click on Errors/Warnings. If everything is gray, then check "Enable project specific settings". Then go down to "Deprecated and restricted API". Next to "Forbidden reference (access rules):" change it from "error" to either "warning" or "ignore", whichever you prefer.How do I configure eclipse to recognize my installation of the java 3d library?
Personally, and this is just my opinion, Eclipse is just too resource hungry on the hardware, if you can't get your current combination to work, try NetBeans with a plug-in.



It's been a while since I played with 3D. I am currently involved with php, server, MySQL and for any and all of it, I wouldn't want the hassel of rigging my machine each day to accomodate Eclipse. Some people will only code with Eclipse. More power to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment