Thursday, January 19, 2012

How to add songs to Itunes library; after formatting your computer ?

Once installing Itunes; if you have an existing library in your iPod it seems to complicate things. I can't seem to add further songs with a newly installed iTunes to my existing iPod. It keeps prompting me to wipe off all my tunes and start fresh. I want to keep my existinging library but add new tunes to it. How can I do this?



Thanks in advance.How to add songs to Itunes library; after formatting your computer ?
you will probably have to re-import your library. i've seen this problem with the pc based itunes in many different forms. backup your old library to cd/dvd/external hard drive. then drag them into your new library and it should be fine. you'll still have to wipe the library but there should be no reason to lose all those music files.

if that doesn't work burn them all as mp3's (or whatever) to a cd. then import the cd as you would any other. the importing should convert the old files to the new recognizable format.

windows based itunes doesn't seem to like old versions of music files that were created under a different os or even on different machines of the same os.

No comments:

Post a Comment