Saturday, January 14, 2012

What is the best way to move my iTunes library?

I am getting ready to switch to a new laptop and I'm not sure the best method of moving my iTunes library. I'm not sure where each individual file is located. Any tips on moving it is appreciated! Thanks!What is the best way to move my iTunes library?
What iDo is create a new folder on my desktop.



then i go to itunes i press ctrl and a and then ctrl and c



what that does is copy all your song files



then i go to the folder and open it then press ctrl v which pastes all the songs into that folder..



then i copy that folder to my USB or flash drive and then put it in the new computer and copy the folder to my desktop and open itunes ( your gonna have 2 download it again ) and go to File then add folder to library and then i find the folder and then were done .



But as for your play lists your gonna have 2 re-create them . sorry



im shure there is an easier way but i have yet to find it out .



good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment