Thursday, January 19, 2012

What can be done about name popping up a library?

I visited a library days ago. When I reached the checkout counter, the librarian pulled me on their computer and my name popped up on the Monitor. The Monitor was turned for other people to view. I had 5 books that took a moment to checkout. My name remained on the Monitor until he finished the checkout. Is this a concern. What to do?What can be done about name popping up a library?
Find another Library? ASk them to turn the screen?



Libraries where I live have self scanning so you can do it yourself.



Get an EBook reader like Amazon Kindle.What can be done about name popping up a library?
If your name was all that was on the screen, I wouldn't worry about it too much. If this was an academic library and your student information was there as well (i.d. and all that), they should be more secure.



Basically, don't get paranoid. Living in fear is no way to live at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment