Monday, January 23, 2012

How to reverse the never ask me again to sync with this itunes library option with the ipod?

My ipod was synchronized with another itunes library so when i plugged it in my laptop it asked me if I would like to sync with the new library. I accidently clicked never ask me again and then no so now whenever i connect my ipod to the laptop it just connects and then immediately disconnects. How can I connect my ipod to my laptop again? Please help.How to reverse the never ask me again to sync with this itunes library option with the ipod?
You know that when you try to sync your iPod to a new computer and it is set to automatically sync, it will delete everything off your iPod and make your iPod an exact duplicate of the computer you are now connected with, don't you? If you don't have anything on the new computer, then you won't have anything on your iPod after it has synced to the new computer.



So, try this: When you are in your iTunes Library, at the top left hand side is a row of buttons - select "Edit", then select "Preferences" - then select "Syncing" - then select the button that says "Disable Automatic Syncing". You should get the message again.



If you want to keep everything that is on your iPod and still sync to a new computer, once you have your iPod connected to your computer and you get your iPod Screen, in the middle of that screen is a button that says "Manually Manage Music" - you will need to select this button so that whenever you have your iPod connected to this computer, it WON'T automatically sync with that computer, and instead you will need to actually go choose yourself the music that you want on your iPod and drag-and-drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment