Monday, January 23, 2012

How do you import itunes from an ipod into the itunes library?

New computer just downloaded iTunes onto the computer and downloaded some music but it hit me that my ipod isn't importing the music already on it into the main library.

I just bought a new Ipod and am wondering how to import all my music onto my computer so I can put it onto my new Ipod.

All my music is either legally downloaded from the IStore or a cd.

Please help me!!!How do you import itunes from an ipod into the itunes library?
iTunes store all files in a particular folder.



Under iTunes 8.0.2,,,

Goto Edit... Preferences...Advanced... iTunes Music folder location



This is the location of all your files.



You'll need to copy all these files over from your old computer to your new computer either via 1) USB key, 2) external hard drive, 3) burning to DVD or 4) use your iPod as an external hard drive.



Be aware of the size of your files as you'll need storage capacity to transfer the files in!!



Go to your PC/Mac and do the same thing in iTunes and find the file location. Place All the files there and hopefully iTunes will automatically find the files.



If not, just drag and drop the files into your computer's iTunes and it'll just copy the files over.



For future reference, always keep a backup copy of all your iTunes files, preferably on an external hard drive for storage.



If you want to transfer the files already on your iPod back to your PC/Mac, you'll need to buy 3rd party software to do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment