Monday, January 23, 2012

How do I move my iTunes library from one computer to another?

Well, I got a new computer and I plugged in my iPod hoping I could just sync everything to my new iTunes Library. It says that to do that, it has to erase EVERYTHING from my iPod and then sync the library which is empty! Even if I were to delete everything and put all of my cd's and stuff onto this computer, I will lose all my purchased music! Help?!How do I move my iTunes library from one computer to another?
The best way would be to setup a network and copy over your files. Other methods would be to use your iPod (if it's big enough) or an external hard drive.



You can use the Backup feature in iTunes if you want to save your ratings, play count, etc. If you just want to transfer over the MP3's and reload your library you can do that too. I would personally recommend getting an external hard drive to keep a backup.



If you want to burn your library to CD(s) or DVD(s) you can use the backup feature in iTunes: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1382How do I move my iTunes library from one computer to another?
use ur junk drive if u don't have 1 buy 1

No comments:

Post a Comment