Monday, January 23, 2012

How long can I wait to pick up a reserved library book without being inconsiderate?

Its tough for me to get to the library more than once a week, it's totally out of my way. I reserved some books online and one came in the day after I visited there. I don't want to be inconsiderate of others who are possibly waiting for the book but I just can't get there right away. How long is too long?How long can I wait to pick up a reserved library book without being inconsiderate?
In the library where I work we hold them for 10 days then if not picked up they go to the next in line or if no one waiting they go back on the shelf.
2-5 days would be about the average time to pick up a book



a week would be to long.How long can I wait to pick up a reserved library book without being inconsiderate?
You should talk to the librarian and explain your situation and she/he will probably be able to come up with an equitable solution for all; and remember, if the book is a best seller they usually get more than one copy in so don't feel too guilty.
My library only holds items on reserve for a week. Find out if you library has a limit on how long they hold something for before they re-shelve the item.



when they tell you the time limit you will have your answer. you are well within your rights to pick up the book at any time during the reserve period, right up til the last day the library is willing to hold it for you.How long can I wait to pick up a reserved library book without being inconsiderate?
They have a time limit before they put it back. If you're within the limit, don't worry about it.
The library probably has their own rule as to how long they will hold a book for you.
24 hours. Otherwise you're a jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment