Monday, January 23, 2012

How do I put my iTunes library on both of my computers?

I have 2 computers I use all the time; my notebook and my desktop. Over the years, I have put hundreds of dollars into songs, TV shows, and movies from iTunes spread out between the 2 computers.



I want to move all of the library from my desktop to my laptop, and vice versa. I know how to do this and will be doing it with one of my expternal hard drives.



However, I hear that you cannot put TV shows etc on two computers. I hear that in order to move it from one PC to another, I have to deauthorize one (even though I am allowed to have 5 authorized PCs to my account).



Is it possible to have my entire library on both computers at the same time? I want to make sure it is even do-able before I spend my time moving 400 GB in media.



Thanks!How do I put my iTunes library on both of my computers?
Sure... i have the same problem!



In iTunes, right click any song, and click show in windows explorer (or finder, depends on OS), Click the Up Folder button, until you get to a folder that says iTunes Library. Copy all that and drag it into your hard drive. pop in the hard drive and drag the folder in your docs. Copy everything in that computer to the REAL folder, then delete the "not real" one.



MAKE SURE BOTH COMPUTERS ARE AUTHORIZED WHILE DOING THIS!



Or, you could just e-mail that folder to yourself and open it on your computer







Best of luckHow do I put my iTunes library on both of my computers?
iTunes lets you look for and share your music. Enable sharing on both computers and connect them either wirelessly or with a ethernet cable to allow transfer. It's pretty nifty.
  • mopar
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment